Monday, May 4, 2015
Your plans for today (Monday, May 4, 2015) in Alexandria, Virginia include these events:
- Fallen Officer Wreath Laying Ceremony During National Correctional Officers and Employees Week and in honor of National Police Week, the Alexandria Retired Police, Fire and Sheriff Association, the Alexandria Police Department and the Alexandria Sheriff’s Office will hold a wreath-laying ceremony at the fallen law enforcement officer memorial at Waterfront Park at The Strand and Prince Street. Nineteen Alexandria law enforcement officers are known to have died in the line of duty.
- School ‘Lunch Bunch’ Concert at Market Square Concert featuring Browne Academy Advanced Guitar Ensemble.
- Story time @ The Alexandria Library See calendar for times and branch locations.
- ESL class @ Burke Branch Library Free English classes for beginners in speaking, reading, and writing English. Text materials will be provided in class. Children can accompany parents.
- Happy Hours in Alexandria See calendar for times and locations for food and drink specials.
- Friends of Beatley Central Library Monthly business meeting and learn how to become more active with the Friends. Located in the Small Conference Room.
- FINAL Add/Delete Session for FY 2016 budget Final Add/Delete List Discussion in City Council Chambers
- Lecture at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum You are invited to a special evening at the Tavern as Director Gretchen Bulova shares her new book, Gadsby’s Tavern. Learn about the special history of the historic site during the 20th-century then stay for a reception and book signing. Doors open at 7pm so purchase your book before the lecture! Lecture begins at 7:30pm, reception and book signing to follow.