July is coming to a close and with it National Ice Cream Month, so we thought we’d ask our readers – who has the best ice cream in Alexandria, Virginia? (poll closes Saturday, August 5). Discuss your favorite below!
Who has the BEST Ice Cream in Alexandria, Virginia?
- The Dairy Godmother (62%, 23 Votes)
- Pop's Old Fashion Ice Cream Parlor (14%, 5 Votes)
- Ben & Jerry's (8%, 3 Votes)
- Casa Rosada Gelato (5%, 2 Votes)
- Old Town Dolci Gelati Café (5%, 2 Votes)
- Other (5%, 2 Votes)
- Kilwins (0%, 0 Votes)
- Cold Stone Creamery (0%, 0 Votes)
- The Scoop Grill (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 37
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by over 90 percent of the nation’s population.
The ice cream industry in the United States contributes more than $39.0 billion to the national economy and creates more than 188,000 jobs in communities across the country.