Locations for the concert will rotate between the Murray-Dick-Fawcett House (517 Prince Street), Lloyd House (220 North Washington Street), and The Lyceum, Alexandria’s History Museum (201 South Washington Street).
The first concert, Friday, May 11 will be held at the Murray-Dick-Fawcett House (and will move to Lloyd House if there is rain). The May 11 concert features father/daughter duo Michael & Paty Sevener who recently dazzled audiences at the FSGW Midwinter Festival with their boleros, rancheros, and other Spanish folk songs. This is the last chance to hear them together for at least six months – Paty will still be performing locally with Conor and the Wild Hunt, but Michael will be traveling.
Future concerts include:
- Friday, June 8: Cigar Box String Band – old-time string band music on banjo, fiddle, harmonica, bass, bones, washboard, and suitcase. (Murray-Dick-Fawcett House – rain plan: Lloyd House)
- Friday, July 13: Ship’s Company Chanteymen – traditional chanties and songs of the sea (Lloyd House)
- Friday, August 10: TBA (Murray-Dick-Fawcett House – rain plan: The Lyceum)
- Friday, Sept 14: After the Flood – “Newgrass”/folk Americana string band with soaring harmonies (Murray-Dick-Fawcett House – rain plan: The Lyceum)
- Friday, Oct 12: The Natterjacks – English, Celtic, maritime, and middle eastern traditions played on guitar, violin, hammered dulcimer, concertina, flute, and percussion (Murray-Dick-Fawcett House – rain plan: The Lyceum)
- Friday, Nov 9: Cold Chocolate (Lloyd House)
- Friday, Dec 14 TBA (The Lyceum)
For more events in Alexandria, Virginia, visit our community events calendar.