How do you retain 100% of what you read?
1. Train your brain with impression, association, and repetition
How can I absorb what I read better?
- Read the conclusion first.
- Use a highlighter.
- Use the table of contents and subheadings.
- Be proactive instead of reactive.
- Don’t try to read every word.
- Write reader responses.
- Discuss what you read with others.
- Jot down discussion questions while reading.
Why can’t I retain what I read? After reading, you may find it almost impossible to retain the information acquired. It may be due to lack of adequate sleep and rest, distractions while reading, poor nutrition, failure to choose the right book, or memory issues such as decay or shallow processing.
How do you read and retain information quickly? Begin 1 word in from the first word of each line, and end 1 word in from the last word. DO NOT CONCERN YOURSELF WITH COMPREHENSION. Keep each line to a maximum of 1 second, and increase the speed with each subsequent page. Read, but under no circumstances should you take longer than 1 second per line.