How do you travel out west in an RV?
- Plan Must-See Sights. First, decide where you want to go.
- Plan and Book Your Campgrounds (In Advance!) When planning a road trip, it’s important to book your campgrounds in advance.
- Set Your RV Trip Budget. This might need to be the first step.
- Plan an RV-Friendly Route.
How much does it cost to travel cross country in an RV? While prices always depend on the type of trailer you’re looking to rent, a cross-country trip will likely hover in the $2,500 to $3,000 range, once you factor in campsite fees, gas, and food on top of the initial rental fee, plus any traveler’s insurance to cover potential COVID expenses.
Is there a great loop for RV’s? California loop. California offers a cornucopia of natural beauty, from towering redwood forests to dusty deserts to breathtaking seascapes and shorelines. This 14-destination loop will take RV travelers across the entire state.
What is a good trip out West?
- Pacific Coast Scenic Byway, Highway 101, Oregon.
- Pacific Coast Highway, California.
- Million Dollar Highway, Colorado.
- Columbia River Scenic Highway, Oregon.
- The Sun Road & Beartooth Highway, Montana.
- The Loneliest Road, Nevada.
- Kenai Peninsula.
- The Southwest: Utah to Arizona.