What are some good house rules?
Examples of common family rules:
- No hurting. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- No interrupting. Wait for your turn to speak.
- No yelling in the house. Use an inside voice when talking in the house.
- No climbing or jumping on furniture. Sit on the couch or lie down on the bed.
How can teenagers enforce house rules?
Here are some tips for enforcing family rules that, ultimately, will help protect your teen:
- Clear Guidelines, Clear Expectations.
- You’re the Parent.
- Stay Calm.
- Be Consistent.
- Trust but Verify.
- Follow Through.
- Positive Reinforcement.
- Connect with Other Parents.
What are the responsibilities of a teenager at home?
Household Chores Appropriate for Adolescents of Any Age
- Putting away their belongings.
- Doing the laundry.
- Folding and putting away clean clothes.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting.
- Setting the table.
- Clearing the table.
- Washing and putting away the dishes.
- Feeding, walking family pets; cleaning birdcages and litter boxes.
What should my 16 year old be allowed to do?
- Be socially responsible in their day-to-day lives and online.
- Care for their own personal hygiene and possessions.
- Complete tasks efficiently and correctly at home, school, and work.
- Control their emotions and interact appropriately with people.
- Earn and spend money wisely.