What are some good small talk topics?
- Where did you live before this?
- What did you think you were going to be growing up?
- Do you have any hidden talents or surprising hobbies?
- What was your favorite extracurricular in elementary school?
- What was the must-have accessory or item when you were growing up?
What are some examples of small talk? Food can be a great topic for small talk as long as you keep it neutral and focus on the positive. You might ask someone for recommendations for local restaurants, ask what their favorite dish to order is, or if they enjoy cooking at home.
How do you break an awkward silence?
- Tip #1: Don’t Blurt Out Everything at Once.
- Tip #2: Ask for Stories, Not Answers.
- Tip #3: Read the Situation.
- Tip #4: Remember the Other Person May Also Be Uncomfortable.
- Tip #5: Welcome Opportunities to Practice Your Conversational Skills.
How can I talk interesting?
- Keep the Conversation Focused on the Other Person.
- Find Points of Commonality and Connection.
- Watch Late-Night Talk Shows.
- Talk Slowly and Enunciate.
- Focus on the Conversation.
- Ask Personal Questions.
- Ask Open-Ended Questions.
- Handle Controversial Topics Delicately.