Why do people cover their bike seats? Well-Known Member. Mountain Bike Mike said: Because when a bike is sitting unattended out in the open, the rider puts a condom on their seat for protection from STDs. Anyone can walk up and sit on the bike and pass the STD to your seat.
What is the most comfortable bike seat cover?
- Most Comfortable: Giddy Up!
- Best Memory Foam Option: Tonbux Memory Foam Bike Seat.
- Best Gel Option: Bikeroo Bike Seat Cushion.
- Best Affordable: Szxsdy Bike Seat.
- Best Waterproof: Wittkop Waterproof Bike Seat.
- Best Oversized: Bikeroo Oversized Bike Seat.
Do you need a bike seat cover? Seat covers and cushions for bicycles can fulfil several functions. They can protect your bicycle saddle from the weather. They can stop a damaged bicycle seat from enduring further wear and tear. They can keep your bottom dry.
How do I stop my bike seat from hurting? You apply chamois cream directly to the pad in your shorts and to your perineum before riding and, although it might initially feel a little strange and squishy, its effectiveness in preventing saddle soreness is almost miraculous. It reduces friction, hydrates the skin and prevents cracking.